Over the course of this academic year, we will be:
- Using the greenhouse to grow ecological vegetables and donate them to local food banks in the area;
- Encouraging waste reduction from the restaurant and using the food waste for compost to encourage the growth of produce in our greenhouse;
- Carrying out an energy audit around the school;
- Implementing a reusable bottle scheme for all students;
- Introducing a ‘walk/cycle’ to school week every module as well as a carpool scheme for staff to reduce greenhouse emissions in the local area;
- Upkeeping the population of chickens and bees on site.
Students from all year groups will be leading these small projects. To launch this exciting opportunity, four of our students attended a prize giving event on Monday 14th November 2022, meeting the Deputy Mayor of London. As usual, our students were our greatest ambassadors.