The Halley Academy is delighted to share the achievements of its 2022 Sixth Form students, with the results a fantastic representation of their commitment, resilience and passion for their subjects.
The academy’s first full suite of IB qualifications as an IB World School produced fantastic outcomes for our students, with the academy’s average IB grade in line with the LAT and International average. Applied and technical qualifications remained in line with previous performance, a notable achievement from our students in the face of significant disruption and adversity.
We are also thrilled to announce that the majority of students achieved their first choice place through UCAS, with 43 students going onto university next year.
At a student level, notable successes in the Hawking School Sixth Form are:
- Alex achieved the OCR IT level 3 at distinction grade and the BTEC Diploma in engineering with a distinction*distinction grade.
- Antonio and Martin both achieved the OCR IT level 3 at distinction grade and the BTEC Diploma in engineering with a double distinction grade.
- Laura completed the IBCP achieving well in psychology, biology, criminology and notably securing grade 7s in English language and literature and in Portuguese both at higher level.
- Leah (Head Girl) completed the IBCP obtaining an H6 in English language and literature, H5 in psychology and a C in criminology.
- Josh (Head Boy) achieved a grade 5 in IB English language and literature, a distinction in BTEC extended certificate in business and a C in criminology.
We are extremely proud of all of the achievements of our students and recognise the efforts of our staff in supporting the students’ success. We wish all students the very best as they take their next steps.